2012-12-19

Well, well, a Protest Where the Sheep Cheered. LOL

Vatic Note: Well, this was one of the most enjoyable reads I have had in a long time.  No one better tell me anymore that we can't win.  The sheep cheered when the bank windows were broken.  I believe their plan has backfired.  I bet the window breakers were working for the bankers, and it was suppose to scare the sheep and make them want martial law to stop it.  Little did the powers that be realize, the sheep were on the side of those breaking the windows, and that is without exception.  

Let me make this clear..... I believe there is a higher power than just each of us, we are all part of something bigger than any of us by ourselves.  It was not my intent to mislead anyone, rather to support everyone, no matter what religion or belief system they follow, to reach deep inside of that which is within us and pull it forward and create a new reality.;  Our very early strategy 1 deals with that on a non denominational way.   

We had lost our sense of morality, integrity, community, connection to our roots/relatives/family lines, and definitely our sense of aiding others more needy than we are  I am seeing a sea change in that in my tiny community and I suspect it may well be happening every where.  I guess we do need to see, experience and acknowledge true evil in order for us to dig down inside and find our good and then manifest it everywhere we go and with everyone we meet.  I guess it does take darkness to show the brilliance of the light.

I won't go into a religious diatribe about it, but, its whatever we believe in deeply that will be what works for us.   I happen to be a Christian and I use prayer and "talking" with God, and His Son and it works for me, I have experienced miracles doing that, and science experiments have confirmed it as well as written about, in peer reviewed science papers and books.

However,  others have had the same results in other paradigms such as energy work, etc.  That is not me saying so, its scientific tests that resulted in peer reviewed papers that were confirmed.  WE do not preach here on this blog, rather we respect the Constitution that supports everyones right to choose and practice their religion, whether it be Muslim, Buddism, New Age, or Christianity or any other religion.

With the  Child abuse issue, I did post a link to an article to show one church did send out an article to their membership saying "Protect the Children" and they knew about the global problem for children and were willing to address it to their people.  I did not find any other religion that had done that or church or philosophy etc.   But I did not pontificate about it or go on and on about it, I just published the link so others could view the suggestions by that chuch that might give us some ideas for ourselves to use to do this work.

What we all seem to have in common is our belief that God, whoever that is for each of us, is within us and that is the power we must call on.... that which is within us, to make the changes and we must do it through humility, not undue pride, or arrogance, and we must do it in gratitude and love.

I believe many of every religion have been doing exactly that and it seems to be working to some degree.  We just need to ratchet it up more and bigger.  Use whatever works for you.  For me, its ratcheting up praying and gratitude and openness to what is the best for everyone and bad for the satanists.

I always ask for "EYES AND MINDS TO BE OPENED TO TRUTH" and no fear, but comraderie, community  and united peoples under this governing Constitution and Bill of Rights.  Everyone has their own way.  I usually include a casual conversation with my God about how grateful I am to Him for his miracles.... and other pieces of conversation. OK, I will be honest here.  I actually cry out spontaneously, when a miracle happens,  "I love you, God, I love you so much...."  and usually I am crying by then.  lol 

The Story, Last Night, Wasn't the Broken Windows.
http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2012/10/419116.shtml
By Jess E. Hadden, Portland Indymedia Center


Yesterday afternoon, via Facebook, I heard about a solidarity march, being organized by an autonomous group. The reason: Leah from the Red & Black Cafe was being imprisoned for refusing to testify before a Grand Jury.

I didn't personally know Leah, but philosophically I supported the stand she was taking against the Federal government's witch-hunt, targeting activists.

So, I hit "share," passing the invitation along.

I observed the march as it approached SE Hawthorne Blvd, via 35th Ave. Since I did not recognize the people in the march (it's hard to recognize a black bloc, especially at night, without my glasses) — and since I myself wear very bright colors — I decided to watch while maintaining a distance. Technical difficulties prevented me from livestreaming, but I still wanted to be able to report the real story.

As the marchers took the east-bound lanes of Hawthorne, I watched a growing crowd of curious people, in regular attire, following the march along the sidewalk, and inquiring about this unexpected sight.

Then, I heard, rather than saw, the sound of glass shattering. Immediately, the disastrous anti-police brutality march of last February 6th came to mind, when Occupy Portland and an autonomous group mixed like oil & water. I expected to see marchers, locals, and lookie-loos arguing and fighting with one another over tactics, and the definition of "violence."

But that's not what I saw. I saw the windows of Umpqua Bank — a bank that tries to present a local image, but really isn't — smashed. And to my astonishment, I saw regular people, watching from sidewalks & bars, cheering. I found myself no longer observing the march, so much as I was observing the people observing the march.

Smash. Wells Fargo. Smash. Chase Bank. Smash. US Bank. Cheers, each time, from regular people, watching. As I passed the tables outside of the Hawthorne Theater, across the street from the Chase Bank at SE Caesar Chavez & Hawthorne, I heard people laughing and talking about how much they hated that bank. One man stood up and yelled, "Yeah! Smash that up!"

The Walgreens, at Caesar Chavez Blvd. & Belmont, appeared to be the last target, before I lost sight of the march. I heard sirens in the distance, but as far as I could tell, the march had already dispersed, almost as quickly as it had begun.

Contrasted with the march from last February 6th, there was a noticeable lack of contention about the targets of this black bloc. The only contention that appeared to exist was in regard to some marchers dragging items like recycling bins & newspaper dispensers into the streets — ostensibly, to block traffic and slow a police response. Other people, not necessarily marchers themselves, quickly removed the items from the streets. The point ultimately was moot; police vehicles came from multiple directions, and were remarkably slow to arrive.

Local corporate media and Portland Police later reported that the marchers were also attacking passers-by with glass bottles. This is, in fact, not true.

To me, the story really wasn't about the smashed windows. I headed back to Hawthorne, to put my ear to the ground.

People were still buzzing about what had just happened. Absent, was a sense of anger regarding the vandalism. It is curious, how astonishing the absence of something can be. Inner SE Portland is, after all, a sleepy urban community.

I stopped in at Nick's Coney Island for a drink. Police arrived, and questioned the bartender. I asked her what that was all about, to which she replied, "Some protesters took one of our chairs and threw it through the Wells Fargo window."

Before I could stop myself, I blurted out, "That's awesome."

She leaned in, smiling, and replied, "I know! Fuck Wells Fargo."

link to greycoast.wordpress.com

https://www.facebook.com/notes/jess-e-hadden/the-story-last-night-wasnt-the-broken-windows/238518342940296

The article is reproduced in accordance with Section 107 of title 17 of the Copyright Law of the United States relating to fair-use and is for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.

No comments: