2011-05-01

The Cancer Roller Coaster Ride, by Brock Canner

Vatic Note:  We are putting this up because Cancer has been increasing in number and lowering in age across the nation.  Its an issue in health that is out performing heart attacks as the biggest threat to us currently in this high tech cancer ladened environment we are occupying.   Please read this mans story and how he has managed to deal with it on many levels.   I read below that he had a down time on his roller coaster ride when a doctor mislead him and it cost him a permanent condition on his trac and now he needs a closed trac for his neck.  I asked him when he was going to be able to get it and he said "When I can find the money,  I am still financially recovering from all that I lost when I suffered the cancer operation and treatments".   So, I am asking, he needs $110 dollars to get the piece for his neck and I do not have it to give, but I am asking my very wonderful readers if they would help by sending a donation on our blog through the pay pal button and put the name "brock" as the reason for the donation.  OK???  If you are so inclined, I can assure you it will help someone who needs it.  Thanks for all you do.  I hope his story will help someone down the line if they ever find themselves in this same spot. 

The Cancer Roller Coaster Ride, by Brock Canner

I am writing this because the Vatic Master explained to me that many people do not truly know what its like to be hit with cancer at the prime of your life. So I agreed to write up my story to help open the doors to awareness for all who have never been on that ride with Cancer. Its a journey of many facets on different levels of being and I am sharing with you today in this commentary, what a truly roller coaster ride it can be. I hope it helps you in some small way to deal with it should it ever grace your doors within your life time... .whether its you or a loved one that is stricken with it.

This is my story about my battle with cancer. A true near death experience that I hope none of you ever have to deal with. It is NOT an attempt to sell any of the products mentioned, but only to inform you about the ups and downs of what I like to call the Cancer Roller Coaster Ride. Hint:- Love your disease and you will be rewarded, keep your gusto high, along with a positive attitude. Laugh. Play all you can. BREATH!!!


I was huddled in my cabin in November of 2007, when a friend came over and told me to pack my stuff! He was taking me to the hospital. I had been experiencing a lot of difficulty swallowing anything, and had lost 50lbs. Some people would love this, but when you are 5 ft. 4" tall and 130 lbs. it no laughing matter. When I checked in at the hospital I weighed 80lbs.

I hadn’t had any energy to do the daily chores, never mind keep up with my night work of cleaning a bank, which was my business at the time. Well, I was told by a very wonderful doctor (who I still see) that I had a very vigorous esophageal stage 4 cancer. Before I knew it I was operated on a day later!

Waking up I found I had a trach tube in my throat, and a feeding tube plugged in my stomach. I had always hated Western Medicine, especially the Cancer game, yet I remember being very grateful and humbled by the way the doctors delivered some very difficult news. The best people of all were the nurses, who really were angels of mercy!!

In my life I had tackled many challenges, cheated death so many times I lost track, and always survived to talk about it. I had been an outdoor guide, teaching literally anything in the mountains from rock and ice climbing to extreme skiing, back-country skiing , desert survival, a single-handed sailor, traveled Europe when I was 19, guided a mountaineering expedition in Peru. The list goes on. I don't mention this to brag, it’s the memory of these activities that I hang on to, that keep me going. The one thing I love most in life is to share my talents with others. Well, back in the hospital things were fairly hazy for a while, and then became clearer. This was a hard pill to swallow. Especially coming from an herbal remedy background, being a massage therapist, doing energy work, and helping people rid themselves of Cancer many times. Many friends came to visit, and one of my best friends was running my business for me and everything else, like contacting friends and family, and getting my mail

One of the people was an old girlfriend who I co-owned an Ayurvedic-oriented restaurant/ integrated healing center with. She has the best, most cutting edge formulas that I have ever found. If you are interested I will give you the contact info later.

Well, after a stretch in ICU I was transferred to a nursing home for a month. During my stay there I was able to show up at work at night, although so frail I was actually glad to have an elevator. I was seeing an oncologist, (another sailor) so we got along well. He was trying to talk me into radiation treatments, and chemo. I told him I would never go for chemo, and was trying to put the radiation off, which I did for some time. I tried every remedy, and learned more about my disease than most (I will be only too happy to share what I have learned over the years with you) but as time proved out I was told that I was going to die if they didn't radiate the tumor in my throat and I reluctantly agreed.

Jumping ahead - I have been cancer free now for almost 3 yrs. I still take my herbal remedies, and drink Kangen water, and am blessed with a wonderful, loving dog, who has been my best companion. I was told months ago that I could remove my trach and my opening would close. I went for it, hoping for a new life.

Last week I saw the doctor, and was told that my vocal chords are frozen, and I had the swallowing ability of a 2 yr. old. That was not my finest hour. I want you to imagine never being able to eat again. Imagine playing in a band and never being able to sing! It’s very difficult to have a meaningful relationship with a woman, if one has to stick a finger in the hole in my throat every time I want to talk! The one thing that hurts most, is never being heard in a conversation.

This is due to the fact that my voice sounds like a monotone frog. In other words, the emotion is there but can’t be vocalized!!! I was hoping to get a new business going with the help of the state, (talk about patience) on the internet selling herbals, water filter/ionizers. Entertaining dreams of doing this offshore in the islands on a sailboat while snorkeling and playing music with great friends!! Pretty grandiose for someone who is a month late on their rent, can't afford to even feed my wonderful dog the way I'd like to. I can’t even afford gas money for my $100 car, that I've only been able to pay $50 on, from another wonderful person.

The real blow was that the doctor who encouraged me to trash the trach is now getting a closed tube for me to wear. This is probably been the lowest point on this rollercoaster-of-a ride to date. No wait there is one more!!! A wonderful person sent me the $110 I needed for that closed tube and I purchased it.  Some of you may know me and some of you may not, but one day I would love to meet you. It took me a few days without my dream of sailing again, to get over being down in the dumps. Already I'm thinking of ways to waterproof this new device. So I ask you very humbly, can you find it in your heart to write out a check for whatever you can afford to help me out. I'll even sweeten the pot! Whoever can afford to send $100.00 now gets to spend a week on the sailboat, which I promise will be a great time in the tropics. Great people, great food, great music. Also I know there are many of you in the same financial nightmare that I'm looking at. If there is anyway I can help you out, please let me know, and we will somehow get you on to the boat too!!! (A $5 or $10 donation is also fine!!!)

In closing, I thank you for taking the time to read this, and want to remind you of one thing. They have proved many times over that Cancer happens 2 years after an emotional upset in someone’s life, - something that has not been dealt with, - as was the case with me. I came down with my cancer almost 2 years to the day after something I had a hard time dealing with. So please beware and deal with your issues at the time!!!

I figured out a longtime ago that we are all one big family, and when one is down we need to reach out and help that person. If we don't have each other then we really don't have anything. Thanks for your time and for those of you who choose to express your generosity. If so inclined, my mailing address is:

Brock Canner
10 Town Plaza # 69
Durango, Co. 81301
Tel. # (970) 533-7428
Email- stonefree@frontier.net

A special hug goes out to all those, who have taken the time to read this and have donated. PS Give me a call or email me at any time if you wish to talk or simply discuss these products I found that  helped me to get well.  . My voice is very hard to understand.

Update. I have been able to pay for the car, but now I have to put more money into it than I was able to purchase it for. The upside is I’m learning how to tune up my own car. More roller coaster riding

BTW If you are interested in the herbal remedies just call (928) 282-1756
If you are interested in Kangen water call 1-(866)261-9500 my distributor # is 7244052



The article is reproduced in accordance with Section 107 of title 17 of the Copyright Law of the United States relating to fair-use and is for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.

No comments: